News: 'Getting Started with Simulation' video now available
After months of development, PilotEdge is pleased to announce the release of Getting Started with Simulation, an online video series distributed by Pilotworkshops designed to help pilots transition from real world flying to using PC-based simulators from home.
This new video training program is ideal for the pilot who wants to use a personal flight simulator for training, but doesn’t know where to start. The series contains videos describing:
- the hardware and software you’ll need
- how to install and configure the simulator,
- how to accomplish basic tasks such as aircraft, airport and weather selection
- best practices for a successful experience
- how to conduct basic VFR flights, including pattern work
- how to conduct end to end IFR flights with valuable debriefs at the end of the flight
- an introduction to using PilotEdge to bring the workload and immersion closer to real world levels
This is a much-needed product as we routinely receive inquiries from real world pilots who want to transition to PC-based simulation but are overwhelmed by the steps required to get started. They have asked for guidance as to how to get started and some best practices for becoming comfortable with simulators, and that’s exactly what this product was designed to do.